Playtime just got an upgrade with the Doggy Bung! Playing with your furry friend isn't just about having fun; it's a way to deepen your bond and keep them mentally and physically active. Games are also a great way to build confidence. Here are 3 of our favorite games to play with the Doggy Bung.
1. Hide and Seek
Use your pup's love for tracking and sniffing to create an engaging game that stimulates their mind - a perfect indoor and outdoor activity. Hide the bung around your house or yard, and watch as your dog's nose goes into detective mode to track down their bouncy prize.
How to Play:
- Show your pup the Doggy Bung
- Give them their command to "wait" or "stay" while you hide the bung somewhere nearby.
- Tell your pup to "go find" and wait for your dog to start looking for the bung.
- As soon as you dog picks up the bung mark and reward, this helps them to understand the game!
- Repeat until your dog gets better and better at the game, increase the distance each time and make it harder and harder for them to find.
Place the Doggy Bung really close by to start with, even somewhere they can see it, increase the distance of the Doggy Bung as your dog learns the game and what to do.
Upgrade your fetch game with a Doggy Bung! Your dog will be captivated by its unpredictable bounces, keeping them engaged and full of excitement. It's a high-energy adventure that guarantees laughter and tail wags.
How to Play:
- Head to your favorite open space with your dog, like your backyard.
- Show your dog the Doggy Bung and get them excited
- Throw your Doggy Bung (making sure to give it a bounce!)
- Watch your pup as they race to catch it in mid-air.
- After the retrieval, throw again—each bounce will be different keeping your dog guessing!
For dogs still learning fetch or those reluctant to drop the Bung, try two Doggy Bungs. Entice your furry friend with one while you throw the other. This fun technique keeps the game going smoothly.
The Doggy Bung's unique bounce is a fantastic tool for playing catch with your pup. Whether you're tossing it gently or giving it a hearty bounce, your dog will enjoy the challenge of catching the bung mid-air. Making great playtime for you and your dog.
How to Play:
- Seek out a secure outdoor space, free from any potential obstacles.
- Hold the bung and capture your dog's attention with their name.
- Encourage them to "catch" as you gently bounce or toss the bung their way.
- Praise every effort, making sure to give a super reward if they manage to catch it.
- Watch as your dog learns and masters the art of catching!
- Intensify the excitement by bouncing the bung in various directions, introducing unpredictability.
If your dog is new to catching, or you have a nervous pup, start with treats or a soft toy for a gentle introduction to catching. Make sure to choose the appropriate bung size, consulting our size guide to ensure a perfect fit.
The Doggy Bung is all about fun and forging a stronger bond with your furry friend. These games are meant to be lighthearted, so if your pup doesn't quite nail them on the first try, no worries! Every dog is unique, and their play styles can be as varied as their personalities. So just have fun together!